China BOCOM Insurance Co. Ltd. is wholly owned by Bank of Communications Co. Ltd., which is one of the five largest commercial banks in Mainland China. We offer various kinds of general insurance products and services to meet the needs of our clients.
To cope with our business expansion, we are looking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
Accident and Health Underwriter
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004830013
The successful candidate will be responsible to handle A&H related business including but not limited to business development, formulate and implement underwriting strategies and managing daily operations of A&H division.
Major Duties include:
- Negotiate with major channels to solicit business and provide insurance broker all necessary pre and pro-sale services.
- Developing close business relationship with other insurance companies in order to optimize business opportunities on reinsurance side.
- Create underwriting plans and managing risk exposures through limits and reinsurances.
- Underwrite business up to authority limits according to the company’s underwriting plans & strategies.
- Manage premiums against budget to ensure adherence with business plan, and review exception reports to ensure compliance.
- Conducting quality assurance to check the accuracy of underwriting data and ensuring the risk is contract certain.
- Conducting regular review to implementation of all underwriting plans, reconcile and report all premiums (due and received) to exercise credit control.
- Identify future business opportunities and produce a clear underwriting strategy, implementing strategies within the agreed business plan.
- Identify team training requirements and co-ordinate development plans with HR.
- Formulate workflow for individual client EB and claim submission system.
Candidates MUST have extensive knowledge & experience on accident and health insurance, underwriting and supervisory experience within an underwriting team.
- Tertiary Education or above.
- Professional Insurance qualification such as ACII or ANZIIF-Senior Associate or the equivalent is preferred
- 5 years’ relevant working experience in A&H underwriting position
- Underwriting experience on broker business is preferred
- Aggressive, proactive at work & result-oriented.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Able to adapt changes and accept challenges.
- Work independent and able to work ahead of deadline.
- Strong sense and excellent organization skill.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Fluent in spoken Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
- Excellent command of written Chinese and English.
- Well knowledge in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Basic Salary : Negotiable
If interested, please send your resume with expected salary to: The Human Resource Manager, China BOCOM Insurance Co., Ltd. 18/F., Fairmont House, 8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central, HK or by clicking 'Apply Now'.
All Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.