Accounting Executive, Finance Operations
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004998689
Employer Ref. 16013028
This role will be responsible for the daily operation of policy/expense payments and premium receipts through policy administration and other systems, daily enquiry support as well as ensuring necessary controls are in place and implemented across finance operations procedures. He/she will assist in the preparation of month end tasks including various financial analysis/reports, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and support or drive system changes and improvements.
Critical Tasks and Expected Contributions/Results:
· Perform payment and premium receipt duties on policy administration, Oracle and payment systems, and coordinate with Operations departments
· Complete month end tasks related to policy administration systems, including journal workings and support, bank and commissions payable account reconciliations and assisting with financial reporting and analysis
· Ensure strong controls are in place, implemented and complied across finance operation procedures.
· Help drive and support system change and process improvement strategies and initiatives, including providing SME advice and perform system UAT
· Handle external and internal audits and reviews
Experience/Knowledge, Education and Other Requirements:
· Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
· Relevant experience in insurance or financial services industry and knowledge of insurance controls and processes are highly desirable (fresh graduates will also be considered).
· Knowledge of AS400 and Oracle an advantage.
· Effective ability to prioritize and execute in a timely and accurate manner.
· Detail-oriented with strong controls and sense of responsibility.
· Strong team player with proficient Cantonese and English communication and interpersonal skills.
· Motivated, inquisitive and proactive self-starter who takes ownership and is results driven.
See Job Description