Ella Cheong & Alan Chiu, Solicitors & Notaries
ELLA CHEONG & ALAN CHIU, Solicitors & Notaries is a renowned IP boutique law firm led by two leading IP practitioners Ella Cheong, JP and Alan Chiu, both of them are award winning lawyers in the Asia legal market.
Apart from our specialty in intellectual property, we also offer legal services in a wider range of practice areas including civil, criminal & commercial litigation, defamation, mediation and arbitration, employment, shareholder disputes landlord and tenant, conveyancing transactions, wills & probate and matrimonial matters.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004996129
This is an excellent opportunity for career development with a reputable law firm. Excellent benefits will be provided, and the working culture is very friendly.
We are an award-winning law firm and are highly regarded for our intellectual property capabilities. We are currently seeking for an experienced individual with previous account and finance experience from the legal industry to be in charge of our financial matters. This candidate will be reporting to the Managing Partner directly.
- Handle day-to-day accounting entries
- Responsible for daily accounting operations including AR, AP, GL, month-end closing and bank reconciliation
- Monitor and assist in the billing process
- Monitor cashflow and internal control projects
- Prepare financial reports, audit schedules and other statutory report
- Report directly to the Managing Partner
- Liaise with external vendor to maintain and upgrade the accounting software
- Liaise with auditor for year-end audit
- Take up ad hoc project if required
- Observe the Hong Kong Law Society’s compliance obligations on law firm’s financial discipline
- Ensure financial activities align with the firm’s policies
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Qualified or Finalist member of HKICPA, ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in law firms or professional services corporations
- Responsible, independent and self-motivated
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Immediately available is highly preferred