Accounts Payable Manager
World First Asia
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004834273
Who we are:
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company, with offices in London, Sydney, Austin, Singapore, Hong Kong and Amsterdam. We want to improve our customers’ lives by moving money around the world brilliantly.
The role is an exciting opportunity to aid build an accounts payable function for the Asia business across the region.
The account payable manager will report to the head of Finance for APAC region and work closely with the finance function in head office and the business in the Asia region. The role is responsible for providing financial and administrative services including the processing and monitoring of payments and expenditures as well as the analysis of the cost base of the business looking for efficiencies and cost savings.
As accounts payable manager you will have an influence on setting up the procedures and controls around trade payables as the business expands into new countries.
- Review and verify invoices for goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting accounting transactions.
- Verifying and maintaining account balances, prepayments & accruals.
- Comparison of cost base to budget.
- Process payments.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Accounting degree or post degree accounting qualification.
- At least 3 to 4 years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Solid understanding of ledger maintenance and accounting payable principles.
- Ability to manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Effective verbal and communication skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate the desire to challenge processes and make changes.
What we offer:
- Open, friendly, fun-loving international working environment
- Excellent benefits package including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Free breakfast, holiday options, family leave, Volunteer day
Please send us your cover letter together with your CV in Word format.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
About World First Asia
Who we are:
We’re a multi-award winning foreign exchange specialist but we’re definitely not your typical financial services company. In fact, we pride ourselves on being a bit different – and that’s what makes us one of Hong Kong’s fastest growing businesses. Sound exciting?
Let’s keep it simple. We make moving money around the world faster, easier, cheaper and safer – in other words, better. Every year, we help tens of thousands of people and businesses move money across borders and between currencies. These are often exciting times for our customers – they might be buying a house in Europe, investing in vintage wine from Australia or importing widgets from China – and it’s our job to make these transactions happen and leave them smiling.
Our success depends on our people. We work hard at our relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues and it’s nice to get a little credit for it every now and again. We recently won the National Business Award for Customer Focus and we’re very proud to have been acknowledged as one of the best companies to work for in HK - we have a Three Star Accreditation from the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For 2013 (the best you can get!). The company has also been listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and our founder, Jonathan Quin, has been named in the Accelerate Top 250 entrepreneurs.