The Hamburg Süd group today ranks among the major providers of worldwide ocean transportation and individual, one-source logistics solutions tailored to customer needs. The Hong Kong office, being the regional office in Asia Pacific, is now inviting high caliber individuals to join us:
Allocation Management Supervisor – Area South China (Ref: CS2016-28)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917923
Employer Ref. CS2016-28
HKG COM – Hong Kong
Report to: Customer Service Manager, Area South China
- To coach ASC Allocation team and ensure smooth operation, assist them in problem solving and also act as back up when team member on leave
- Assist Customer Service Manager, ASC in daily allocation issue of Area South China
- To obtain from Trade Allocation Managers the allocations for ASC and ensure that these allocations meet the budget requirements. Review Space Protection List and highlight major deviations to the relevant LBU, Trade and Area manager
- To communicate the standard allocations per string / LBU to ASC LBU / Commercial Manager, maintain close coordination with all offices within ASC in order to adjust the allocation smoothly
- Periodically review the performance & booking trend of service / tender / customer and pre-alert Sales / Customer Service teams to take appropriate action & booking strategy to market change & potential customer
- Calculate the space / tonnage for each LBU in ASC (if applicable) according to the space & weight tons allocated by Trade Allocation Manager, take lead to apply space for either way-port or mainliner on behalf of ASC loading port offices
- Timely prepare COV (Change of Vessel) or possible holdover / optional loading list to LBU and also operational colleagues / berthing terminal
- Close measure the COMPASS booking insert accuracy and update of ASC Customer Service colleagues as well as their checking with customers for any shortfall 2 days before vessel closing
- Prepare Daily Booking Summary Report and handle e-mail / correspondence from overseas office within same working day
- Preferably tertiary education with 5 passes in HKCEE
- Fluent Oral English, Mandarin & Cantonese
- Fluent Writing of English & Chinese
- Excellent knowledge on words / excel application
- Minimum 4 years’ Liner Shipping experience with similar capacity
- Good communication skills and telephone manner
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Mandarin
- Excellent knowledge on word/excel application
- Diversify knowledge of service routing
- Good analytical, negotiation, managerial skills
Immediate available is preferable.
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate.
Please apply with full resume in PDF format with expected salary by clicking "Apply Now".
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purpose only.