Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
AML Business Line Officer, APAC – Global Market, Vice President
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992490
Employer Ref. 150270
The AML Officer, APACreports directly to the Head of AML Advisory, APAC and the GM BU AML Officer APAC to support GM BU AML Officer APAC to fulfill his responsibilities as the designated BU AML Officer for GM APAC, including policy and procedures, regulatory requirements, new products, day-to-day CDD/KYC process and ad-hoc AML projects. The role will also support the Head of AML Advisory APAC and the GM BU AML Officer APACto direct and enhance the design and execution of an enterprise wide anti-money laundering program throughout APACfor the specific Business Line to which they are assigned. In this role you will support a regional team in the conduct of an enterprise wide anti-money laundering program that produces high quality results, minimizes regulatory risk, and aligns with the firm’s AML strategy.
- Work in concert with Head of AML Advisory APAC and GM BU AML Officer APAC
- Support GM BU AML Officer APAC to maintain a multi-year strategic plan for the anti-money laundering program that aligns with business objectives and current and anticipated regulatory expectations
- Analyze complex anti-money laundering matters and provide advice and direction to line area and Compliance staff
- Serve as the contact with other functional areas
- Represent Corporate Compliance and provide AML expertise to risk management and other cross functional committees (if required)
- Serve as primary AML contact for the Business Unit to which you are assigned
- Support the GM BU AML Officer APAC to keep senior management informed on issues regionally and provide regular reporting to the Head of AML APAC and the Head of AML Advisory APAC
- Ensure State Street’s AML program is reactive to changes in regulation and business strategy
- Develop and execute communications and training strategies regionally that are designed to maintain the competency of management and staff
- Identify key issues in relation to anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, and economic sanctions and provide alternatives and compliance solutions that result in strong compliance controls and support continued long-term business growth
- Communicate complex regulatory issues in a form that ensures an understanding of the applicability of major compliance issues to management and staff.
- Assist with the conduct of the annual regional enterprise wide money laundering and sanctions risk assessment ensuring that the methodology and the reporting of results are relevant and in line with regulatory expectations
- Provide meaningful feedback on proposed legislative and regulatory actions, balancing public policy issues, business needs and appropriate controls.
- Develop and coordinate the strategies for responding to and supporting regulatory exams and inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, and other significant points of contact related to anti-money laundering and sanctions.
- Professionals outside of the firm to address common challenges or changes in regulation
- Degree educated or
- 7 - 10 + years of related experience –Corporate Compliance, Banking, commercial Investigations, audit.
- Relevant industry qualifications in Anti-Money Laundering (ICA or ACAMS)preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to work independently in a high volume environment
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
- Project Management skills
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in multiple jurisdictions