Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve
Analyst, CDD, High Risk Client Management
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919501
Employer Ref. 528040
The SAT (Checker role) is to:
* Ensure CDD information completed by the maker is current and valid, as per the required standard
* Client documents are complete and updated in core banking system
* Assess adverse media searches carried out adequately by the Individual CDD team
* Quality of SOW and corroboration is adequate and carried out as required
* Review the PEP assessment to ensure compliance to Local and Group Standards
* Review account activity conducted by Individual CDD / RM (where required)
* Review completed Tax assessment for HNW clients
* Follow-up on deferral and exception requests - proceed with or stop onboarding
* Ensure effective complaint management
* Liaise with Country / Regional FCC to review high net worth clients including the background, transactions review, SOW, corroboration and red flags by adopting the uplift PvB CDD standards
* Prepare the high risk / high net worth clients submission notes and obtain approval from Regional Review Committee
Qualifications and Skills
* Banking Experience Retail AML CDD / Compliance functions.
* Must be certified (as prescribed for the role) by completing all relevant SCB e-assessments (once these are rolled out)
* University/ College graduate
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Good command of spoken and written English, Mandarin
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.