The world’s leading investment firms, consultancies and corporations depend on Coleman Research to access first-hand perspectives from specialized industry experts.
Established in 2003, Coleman is an expert network that serves hundreds of global institutions and more than 5,000 analysts worldwide. The firm gives clients compliant access to expert insights through phone consultations, conference events, panel surveys and placement services.
Coleman offers the industry’s largest hand-selected consulting network. It spans all industries and geographies, and includes hundreds of thousands of industry executives, senior managers and product experts in more than 12,000 cities worldwide.
Headquartered in New York, the firm also has offices in Beijing, Boston, Gdansk, Hong Kong, London, Raleigh and San Francisco with more than 200 employees.
Coleman Research is seeking applicants to join our Client Management team in Hong Kong.
Analysts identify and recruit the most relevant experts for our clients’ research projects. As an analyst, you will be responsible for qualifying and assessing an expert’s fit for a project to ensure that we make the right expert match. You will be expected to monitor industry news, identify market trends, and establish valuable professional relationships with senior-level industry professionals. This is a great opportunity to gain an introduction to the financial services industry.
Analyst, Client Management
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004781155
- Conduct industry research to identify and recruit experts who match the needs of a client’s request
- Contact professionals by way of cold-calling, email correspondence, industry and networking referrals, professional associations and other relationships
- Communicate the value of joining the Coleman Expert Network to industry professionals
- Work closely with management to ensure projects are prioritized and fulfilled in a timely manner
- Fluency in English and one of the other Asian languages such as Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa or Hindi
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university (GPA will be considered), Liberal Arts majors with an interest in business are welcome
- 0-2 years of experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities, positive energy, and the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, but also manage projects independently
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Sales experience is a plus
Why Join Us?
We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and they make Coleman a vibrant and innovative place to work. As such, we strive to ensure the happiness and health of our employees. At our eight global locations, we offer a variety of perks, including stocked break rooms, team outings, and other office celebrations throughout the year. We also believe in giving back to our communities. In that spirit, we provide each employee up to 2 paid community service days per year, and participate in other volunteer and fundraising activities that are meaningful to our employees.
We have an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, whereby we value creativity of thought and listen to the voice of our employees. If you are self-motivated, driven, and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to succeed and grow with Coleman!
To apply, please send a resume with expected salary and a cover letter.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All Coleman employees are required to sign the Company's standard non-compete agreement as a condition of accepting employment.