Established by Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (“TWGHs”) in 2010, Tung Wah College (the “College”) is a self-financed degree-granting institution registered under the Post-Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap.320). Following the educational ideals of TWGHs and leveraging on its renowned strengths and expertise, the College aims to provide high quality tertiary education and nurture youngsters to possess the qualities of “T ∙ W ∙ C” (i.e. Talent in relevant professions, Wisdom in problem-solving and Commitment to responsibilities) and become socially responsible and caring professionals.
The College currently offers degree programmes in Business Administration (major in Entrepreneurship and Management, Financial Services, Health Services Management, Marketing & Professional Accountancy), Health Science (major in Applied Gerontology, Nursing), Medical Science (major in Basic Medical Sciences, Forensic Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Radiation Therapy & Veterinary Health Studies), Occupational Therapy, Social Science (major in Applied Psychology). In addition, the College also offers sub-degree programmes including Early Childhood Education, Business Studies, Psychology, Health Studies and Nursing. Besides building up a solid foundation for students to develop their professional competency for their future career development, the College provides them with very good support to participate in extra-curricular activities, exchange programmes and volunteer services etc. so as to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning at the College.
Being a young and vibrant institution, the College aspires to become a private university in the long term. It is planning to launch a number of new programmes in coming years. To cope with its continuous development, we are now inviting highly qualified candidates to fill the following post:
Analyst Programmer, Information Technology Services Office (TWC/16/122/ITSO/AP)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004783671
Employer Ref. TWC/16/122/ITSO/AP
The appointee will be required but not limited to:
- implement the technical development of web-based, client/server and mobile applications including clinical management system;
- carry out project duties in site preparation for the implementation and evaluation of the developed packages;
- prepare technical documentation for the software packages;
- produce graphics and layout design for website, applications and user interface;
- conduct training to end-user of systems;
- perform management data services includes data preparation, data analysis and report generation for management; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Head or his delegates.
- possess a recognized Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines;
- possess at least 5 years of relevant working experience or Master degree with some experience;
- be proficient in the development of web-based applications using C# / PHP / ASP / ASP.NET / JSP / AJAX / X-Code / Java / Crystal Report / Microsoft Reporting Services and MS SQL Server / MySQL;
- understand Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Development Lifecycle;
- have knowledge in Student Information System, Timetabling System, Patient Simulator, Clinical Information System, PACS and HL7 is an advantage;
- be familiar with administrative procedures and practice in higher education sector, which would be an advantage;
- be proactive/self-motivated and hardworking in the day-to-day undertaking of the assigned duties; and
- be willing to work on irregular hours.
To apply, please submit your application letter, resume and a completed application form (available athttp://www.twc.edu.hk/hro/employment-opportunities/application-guidelines) by mail to the Human Resources Office, Tung Wah College, 90A Shantung Street, Mongkok, Kowloon. Please quote the reference number of the post in the application letter and on the envelope. The College reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post. Applicants who are not contacted by the College by the end of January 2017 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 6 October 2016 (Thursday)
All information and personal data collected will be used solely for recruitment related purposes. For more information about the College, please visit our website: http://www.twc.edu.hk.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.