Aviva Life Insurance Company Limited
Aviva plc is backed by a rich and inspiring heritage of protecting people that dates back to 1696. Our acquisition of the Friends Life Group Limited in 2015 has resulted in the creation of an even stronger, more diversified business and makes Aviva plc the leading life and pensions provider in the UK1. We protect over 34 million people worldwide2 with the most comprehensive range of life insurance products and hold market leading positions across retirement, investment, insurance and health solutions.
1 Source: IFRS Operating Profit, derived from Aviva and Friends Life company reports as at 31 December 2014
2 Source: Following the merger with Friends Life Group Limited on 13 April 2015, before removal of duplication of Aviva and Friends Life customers.
Analyst Programmer / Systems Analyst
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004837417
Work on the system development tasks for IT projects, Policy Administration System enhancement, and provide production support.
- Responsible for application development mainly on AS/400 platform.
- Responsible for the whole System Development Life Cycle of various IT systems.
- Perform problem diagnosis, issue follow up and resolutions.
- Manage various System Testing and support User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure system quality and security control and conformed to company standard
- Document system design change, prepare user guide and conduct user training.
Qualification / Experience / Skills
- Degree holder of Computer Science or related disciplines with at least 4-6 years of working experience in insurance/ financial industry
- Experience in application development in AS/400 platform, COBOL development
- Prior experience in JAVA development an advantage
- Qualification in FLMI an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Responsible, Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented with positive working attitude and good team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with good command of English and Chinese, both spoken and written
This position is open to applicants of both sexes, persons from all racial groups and with disability.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and all applications will be treated in strict confidence. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after 6 months.