About Flight Centre Travel Group
Flight Centre Travel Group is one of the world’s largest and most successful travel agency groups, with more than 2,500 leisure, corporate and wholesale businesses and 19,000 employees across 14 countries.
After starting with one shop over 30 years ago, we have enjoyed remarkable ongoing growth, to now produce a Total Transaction Value (TTV) over AUD$16 billion per year. Our rapidly expanding network now extends throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, India, Greater China, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates, providing travelers with a complete service.
Flight Centre Travel Group has four brands in Greater China Region which includes Flight Centre (Leisure Travel & Small and Medium Enterprises Travel), FCM Travel Solutions (Corporate Travel), Corporate Traveller (Median Business Travel) and cievents (Events Management).
This is an exciting opportunity to share in our ongoing success, and reap the rewards which come from working with an established multinational industry leader.
Area Accountant – Flight Centre Travel Group Hong Kong
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004777759
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: Financial Controller
- Maintaining a high level of financial control in your respective areas
- Improving financial acumen of consultants in the area through Team Leader and consultant training sessions
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management accounts
- Analysis and interpretation of monthly results and follow up on significant variances
- Reconciliation and internal audit of all client accounts
- Auditing of general accounts on a periodic basis
- Training of all financial systems and processes on shop visits and facilitating structured courses
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly re-forecasts
- Assisting with special projects and the implementation of systems and process improvement initiatives from time to time
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant accounting standards, financial systems and processes
- Provide business analysis and insights so operation leader has timely and accurate financial data available for decision making
- Any other duties of a finance nature as and when required.
- Financial Controller
- Brand Leader / Area Leaders
- Greater China SWOT team
- Finance Team Members
- Internal businesses GFR, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit
- Operations Team Members
3. Key Requirements:
- Accounting degree (student member/semi-finalist of HKICPA/ACCA or equivalent preferred)
- At least three years of total work experience in:Demonstrated analytical and numeric abilities
- business analysis;
- accounting and business analysis; or
- auditing and commercial accounting
- High level of commercial acumen and professionalism
- PC, spreadsheet, and finance systems experience, particularly Excel
- Problem solving skills with good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Confident, proactive and self motivated
- Good team player with a positive attitude
FCM Travel Solutions is the corporate travel brand of Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the world’s most successful and fastest growing travel businesses of its kind. As a company that is recognized globally as one of world's top employers, we strive to provide a working environment that motivates people to perform their best and we aim to employ staff that have a passion for travel and global cultures, are professionally experienced and show strong business acumen.
As a travel management company, we tailor the right solutions to save our clients time and money in business travel. An exciting opportunity exists for a driven and energetic individual to join our corporate sales team.
Corporate Traveller is FCTG’s first corporate brand, initially called Flight Centre Corporate. It developed into a highly successful brand known for its personal service and expert approach to travel management. In 2012, Corporate Traveller was named Best Travel Agency Corporate - Multi Location at the National Travel Industry Awards for Excellence.
Flight Centre has been delivering amazing travel experiences to leisure and business travellers and it is the largest travel agency in Australia. The vision is to be the world’s most exciting travel company, delivering an amazing experience to our people, customers and partners. The company aims at opening up the world for those who want to see. For our people this means our purpose is to open up their world by helping them develop professionally and personally. For our customers this means opening up their world through the exciting medium of well-organised, targeted and great value travel experiences.
cievents is the first port of call for businesses around the world in need of a business event specialist and boasts over 25 years of award winning event management experience. With offices in Hong Kong, Auckland, London, Birmingham, New York and around Australia, cievents has a strong presence in almost every corner of the globe.
Our goal is plain and simple – to stimulate and inspire your audience by implementing innovative events, cutting-edge content and communications, engaging incentives and reward and recognition programs. We are the one-stop shop for all your event management, production, incentive and design needs. Our multidisciplinary teams work in seamless collaboration to deliver the optimal solutions for your specific requirements.
Would you like to apply to this job?