Inflight Sales Group (Hong Kong) Limited
Inflight Sales Group is a well-established travel retailer, B2B Trading and Retail Company with our HK office located in Kowloon Bay. We are looking for high-caliber, interested and energetic candidates who want the opportunity to think outside the box and engage in a challenging learning experience, to fill the following position. For company profile, please visit www.inflightsales.com
Assistant Account Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834506
Broadly-speaking, the Assistant Account Manager will be assisting the Manager in areas such as purchasing of merchandise, arranging of samples, logistics and follow-up, marketing collateral preparation, organizing events and promotional activities, stock and re-order level tracking and other account-related responsibilities. The role will report to the Manager and will require the incumbent to work within a highly-matrixed environment.
1. Purchasing & procurement tasks: to support the smooth and efficient operation of the team e.g. processing of product proposal forms, updating of records and item/vendor masters, tracking of samples and product specifications, stock deliveries, re-orders etc.
2. Vendor Management: Liaise with vendors to ensure clients' needs are met. e.g. Identify, select and negotiate with vendors to procure highly marketable merchandise meeting criteria of margins, price, quality, quantity, availability, orders and delivery dates; Evaluate vendor performance through analysis of sales and research etc.
3. Effective Program & Customer Account management: Strengthen the business through regular coordination with client's representatives on operational issues, product specifications, and logistics details etc. Ensure the preparation and printing of inflight products catalogues; Coordinate marketing and promotional campaigns such as organizing product fair, crew event etc.
4. Strategic Performance, Competitive Analysis & Research: Perform market and brand benchmarking and analysis to ensure that the pipeline of products from existing brands is relevant, exciting and according to the needs of the company and the customer.
5. Department staff collaboration: Plan, organize, distribute and delegate the work to team members appropriately; collaboration and communication with members from other departments as may be necessary
6. Miscellaneous: any other responsibilities related to account management, as may be necessary from time to time. *There are unique difference in the management of individual airline accounts that cannot be captured in this JD but will be shared as part of the interview process where relevant and possible.
Education - Degree or tertiary education with a major in Business, Commerce, Marketing, Communications, Purchasing, etc.
Business skills - Analytical and rational with high level of commercial awareness in business development, distribution, sales and marketing functions. Ability to provide customers and management with collection and analysis of data. Needs to be a self-starter, show initiative and the ability to sucessfully manage new tasks with little supervision. Needs to demonstrate general awareness of consumer, retail and fashion trends in the market.
Experience - At least 3 years of progressive working experience with a broad exposure in Account Servicing and/or Management and/or business development or project managment experience within the travel retail or related industry. Previous experience in luxury goods retailing and trading would be advantage. Experience working in a cross-cultural multinational organization is preferred.
Personal Attributes - Possess professional maturity, coupled with high ethical standards. General personal attributes such as hardworking, independent, responsible and accountable, organized, efficient, ability to work under pressure etc. are all important.
IT Skills - Good PC literacy required i.e. Sound knowledge in Excel and advanced user for word processing and presentation software.
Language Abilities - Excellent business English with experience writing and presenting business cases or other analysis.
Travel Requirements - not generally required / infrequent.
We offer attractive remuneration package & benefits to the right candidate. Interested candidates please send your application letter and resume with current, expected salary & availability to HR & Administration Manager.
Personal data colected will be used for recruitment purposes only.