FP Marine Risks Ltd is a leading Marine Insurance Broker in Asia. We are part of the Hyperion Group of companies and an accredited Lloyd's Broker providing our global portfolio of clients with first class solutions across all classes of marine insurance, both direct and reinsurance since 1994. An opportunity has arisen for a professional and committed Assistant Accountant to contribute to the continuous growth and success of our business.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004832040
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assist with accounting for FP Marine Group companies with focus on payments, cash and bank account monitoring and reconciliation
- Managing operating expenses, checking and verifying all invoices for relevant supporting information, preparing payment of all valid invoices as necessary
- Preparing journal entries in Sun Accounts to ensure data accuracy, consistency and completeness at month-end close
- Monitor daily client money receipt process and so as work on allocation function closely with Credit Control Team
- Ensuring payment and cash allocation is updated into system accurately.
- Preparing month-end closing and ensuring closing is done on time, especially on bank reconciliation
- Assisting in annual audit and other ad hoc assignments as required.
The job will require the individual to possess:
- Minimum three years’ experience in Accounts Payable and cash management, specific experience insurance broking environment highly preferred.
- A diploma/degree holder in Accounting /Finance.
- Strong understanding of cash management with a high degree of integrity
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Experience of SUN accounting systems preferred but not essential.
- A good command of spoken and written English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
- Detail-orientated, with positive and committed working attitude, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadline.
If you are interested in the above role, please send your curriculum vitae with full career details, availability, current and expected salary to us.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only)