Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks third in the global research industry.
Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of € 1.669,5 million (2 218,4M$) in 2014.
With offices in 87 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across six research specializations: advertising, customer loyalty, marketing, media, public affairs research, and survey management.
Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe.
Visit www.ipsos.com to learn more about Ipsos’ offerings and capabilities.
To cope with our rapid expansion in Hong Kong and Greater China region, we invite experienced market researchers to apply for the following position.
Assistant Accountant / Accountant
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004999112
Objective / Purpose
The role of Accountant is responsible for project accounting and monitoring of job database to ensure proper accounting records are kept for internal and statutory audits.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and review project details and job fact pages regularly to make sure that all project information in the system is always updated and accurate.
- Provide direct support and coaching to Research Teams to ensure that project information is timely and accurately updated in system.
- Responsible for first up review on Harmony and other Global submissions relating to FP&A Areas – ensuring that submissions reconcile to the source data.
- Responsible for monthly closing in Job Book and performs key control checks.
- Provide direct support to Finance Manager – FP&A to develop best in class reporting solutions for business needs.
- Prepare monthly management & analytical reports (e.g. Client Revenue Report, Job Profitability Report etc.) for business units.
- Able to identify and explain any significant KPI variances (such as AOT, AOGM, TO, GM, GM% and Client etc…) to provide early warnings and opportunities to Management, BU Heads and Team Leaders.
- Monitor the MIS Compliance KPIs and takes prompt actions to rectify any underperforming areas timely.
- Maintain user access rights of Symphony to allow eligible users to access appropriate information in Symphony and BI.
- Support iQuote implementation.
- Provide Symphony and BI and other related financial trainings to Research Teams especially new joiners.
- Assist in the quarterly forecast, annual budget and audit assignments.
Provide support to Chief Financial Officer for various ad hoc requests to meet the tight reporting deadlines.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent with minimum 3 years of audit or accounting experience
Knowledge (including general and IPSOS specific knowledge):
- Knowledge in SAP/Oracle system is a definite advantage
- Accounting standards and principles.
- Recent computing development especially in accounting software packages.
- Knowledge in market research products e.g. methodology, product type and client type etc. is preferred.
Skill (including technical and people skill):
Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people from different background and with different seniority.
Recognize the importance of the internal clients and understand the need to service them and have the right focus
Strong and proven problem solving and decision making qualities.
Sound business acumen, not only financial knowledge.
Good English language skill both verbal and writing.
Good computer skill especially in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Good presentation skill.
- Responsible and able to work independently.
- Dedication and good determination to meet deadlines.
We offer an attractive remuneration package with 5-day work week to the right candidates. Interested parties please send resume with current and expected salary by clicking the “Apply Now” below. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.