The Bank of East Asia, Ltd.
TAKE YOUR FUTURE IN YOUR HANDS
The Bank of East Asia, Limited ("BEA") is Hong Kong’s largest independent local bank with 89 branches, 55 SupremeGold Centres, and 10 i-Financial Centres throughout the city.
With a team of over 4,300 professionals in Hong Kong and more than 13,000 worldwide, BEA embraces a spirit of teamwork in every challenge. We invite you to become part of our team and to join us on our journey towards a bright and exciting future.
Assistant Compliance Manager (China Compliance)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004832720
Central Compliance Department
Assistant Compliance Manager (China Compliance) (Job ID: 1358)
To be a team member of Central Compliance Department
- To assist in monitoring the compliance risk of the Bank Group's Greater China branches and subsidiaries ("Business Units")
- To analyse and assess the potential impact of relevant laws and regulations as well as industry's best practices on the Business Units
- To review regular and other ad-hoc reports submitted by the Business Units to identify potential compliance issues, ensure conformity with the Group's as well as regulators' compliance requirements, and make necessary recommendations for improvement
- To review and comment on compliance related policies and guidelines of the Business Units to ensure Group Directives and their local regulatory requirements are being complied with
- To assist in providing advice and resolve ad-hoc compliance issues of Business Units
- To take ad-hoc compliance related projects
University graduate in Banking, Business Administration, Finance or related areas
Minimum of 2 years’ working experience in financial services industry with compliance / audit / risk management / internal control experience
- Good understanding of banking business and operations
- Sound knowledge of banking laws and regulations, preferably with exposure to Greater China regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and detailed oriented with good intiative and able to work independently
- Able to exercise judgment and liaise effectively with the Business Units
- A team player with good communication skills and risk awareness
Good command in both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
Please apply online via the BEA Careers website at http://www.hkbea.com/html/en/bea-career-job-opportunities.html and search for the job. Kindly note that if you are a new user, you have to first create your User Profile before you can apply.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated in accordance with the Bank's Personal Data Policy, which is available upon request. Applicants who are not invited for interviews within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the personal data collected will be destroyed after six months.