The mission of the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is to promote productivity excellence for industry to enhance competitiveness and sustainability through a bundle of strategies including collaboration with stakeholders, focus on areas of excellence and scaling up productivity enhancement platforms.
Assistant Engineer (Intern) (Smart Manufacturing & Materials Division) (Ref: SMD174/JDB/281116)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915702
Employer Ref. SMD174/JDB/281116
- Assist in implementation of government funding project on development of economical electrochromic glass with light transmission control and heat block for automotive applications
- Develop the transparent conductive coatings and electrochromic coatings for smart windows in automotive applications
- Build up a thin film deposition system and optimize the deposition parameters for different functional thin film in electrochromic windows
- Conduct investigation of optical, electrical and material properties of the functional thin film in electrochromic windows and the optimization of related fabrication processes
- Work closely with other R&D team members to develop the materials for electrochromic or related applications
- Prepare project reports, record intellectual properties and prepare patent application documents
- Provide support to ad hoc projects and assignments
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in Materials, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related engineering discipline from a local university
- Knowledge of the following aspects preferred:
- Development of electrochromic materials and ECW cells fabrications
- Thin film deposition and electrochemical deposition
- Electrochemical tests such as CV and EIS
- Material characterization techniques including SEM, AFM, XRD, UV-Visible spectroscopy, etc.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Positive, creative, analytical and good troubleshooting skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by clicking "Apply Now" (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) on or before 12 December 2016.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.
More Jobs from this Company
Engineering Officer (Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre) (Ref:APAS230/JDB/071216)