Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), one of the world's busiest international passenger and cargo airports, aims to maintain a leadership position in airport management and aviation-related businesses to strengthen Hong Kong as an international and regional aviation hub.
We are looking for high caliber individual to join the Airport Authority, the manager and operator of HKIA.
Assistant Engineer, Electrical & Mechanical (Fixed-term Contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004993125
Employer Ref. TSER16-0621-0622-J-01
This is a fixed-term contract position of minimum 2 years with possibility for renewal subject to organization need and individual performance.
- Assist in providing advice on technical and quality issues on Electrical & Mechanical systems of Baggage Handling Systems (BHS)
- Coordinate with both internal and external parties to manage the works to ensure conducted in a safe and efficient manner with minimal impact to daily airport operations
- Identify design and construction issues and liaise with maintenance and operation teams to provide effective solutions
- Assist in the management of the works and coordinate with maintenance and operation teams to ensure timely delivery and completion
- Review and comment on contractor's submissions on method statement, programme etc.
- Perform shift duties including overnight shift if required
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Building Services Engineering or other related disciplines, with minimum 3 years' experience in engineering or maintenance of large scale system facilities. Candidates who have completed 2-year HKIE Scheme A training will also be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a valid HK driving license (Class 1,2) is preferred
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua would be an advantage
Interested parties please apply online via www.hongkongairport.com/careers
Closing date: 24 January 2017
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicant not being contacted by the Authority within eight weeks from the application closing date may assume that his/her application is unsuccessful. All personal data will be kept for a period of 12 months from the application closing date and will be destroyed afterwards.