The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong is a membership supported non-profit with some 900 members. For 39 years The Chamber has provided networking and education opportunities for the Hong Kong Canada business community. It is the largest Canadian business organisation outside of Canada supported by companies and people ranging from global multinationals to one person entrepreneur outfits.
Assistant Events Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918722
The Assistant Events Manager is an important staff member at the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong to work with the Events Manager to coordinate various events hosted and supported by the Chamber. She/He will have a high degree of engagement with members, service providers and stakeholders within the community. The ideal candidate will be organized and passionate for event management, marketing and client service. The Assistant Events Manager can expect both a demanding and rewarding work experience in one of Hong Kong’s most vibrant international chambers of commerce.
- Manage and organize multiple events, including the development and monitoring each event’s execution and budgetary plan, venue and sponsorship sourcing, stakeholder engagement, implementation and post-event assessment reporting.
- Work closely with the President, Membership and Communications teams to develop a coherent marketing strategy for the Chamber.
- Participate in regular internal progress meetings and circulate progress reports on activities against targets (e.g. growth projections, campaign effectiveness, etc.).
- Supervise and coach interns to assist with the successful planning and/or delivery of events.
- Liaise with both external and internal stakeholders to ensure client service excellence.
- Assist in formulating the yearly budget of the events team, overseeing the execution and be responsible for profit and loss outcome.
- Assist in strengthening the knowledge management framework for events planning within the Chamber.
- Perform daily clerical and administrative work related to event planning and implementation.
- Degree in Business, Public Relations, Marketing or related disciplines.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in events management and demonstrating client service excellence.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Fluent command of written & spoken English and Chinese. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills to deal with complex situations.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Work collaboratively and effectively as a team member.
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative thoughts.
- Culturally sensitive and ideally with international working / study experience.
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume with the cover letter, current & expected salary and expected start date on or before December 15, 2016.