New Times Energy Corporation Limited
New Times Energy Corporation Limited (HKSE stock code: 00166) is a natural resources company engaged in the exploration, development, operation and acquisition of oil & gas projects with focus in in Argentina and North America. The Group's upstream oil & gas projects are located in the Northwest basin in the province of Salta and Formosa, Argentina, and in the States of Alaska, USA.
To cope with our business development, we are looking for a high caliber candidate to take up the following position in our Hong Kong head office:
Assistant Financial Controller (Oil & Gas)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835524
- Dual report to both the General Manager and the Group Financial Controller;
- Managing the Argentina finance team to perform the finance functions of statutory and IFRS accounting, management reporting, budgeting, analysis, planning and forecasting;
- Responsible for preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements of various subsidiaries in relation to Argentina business in a timely and accurate manner, and ensure the company policies are complied with during the process of month end financial closing;
- Oversee and develop financial management system, management reporting and analysis for Argentina business;
- Provide professional support and strategic advice to the top management on financial & business development plans for better business performance effectiveness;
- Establish and manage internal control policies and procedures;
- Coordinate conduction of internal audit in subsidiaries of the Group in different regions;
- Liaise with auditors, tax representatives and professionals regarding audit, tax and other relevant matters;
- Assist in ad hoc projects when necessary.
- Experience with the oil and gas / energy industries is a definite preference;
- Qualified accountant and degree holder of Accounting discipline or equivalent;
- At least 8 years related working experience with at least 3 years in managerial level;
- Preferably with experience in audit as well as commercial firms;
- Familiar with HKFRS, Main Board listing rules and HK tax rules;
- Able to work independently & to meet tight deadlines, detail-oriented, responsible and be a good team player;
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese);
- Excellent business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Frequent overseas travel is required;
- Immediate availability is highly preferred.
We offer competitive salary and package for the right candidate. Interested parties are invited to submit resume with expected salary by clicking “Apply Now”.
(Personal information submitted by job applicants will be used for recruitment purpose only and will be kept strictly confidential)