Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Assistant Librarian I – Library (Ref: ALI (LIB) 2016-09-23)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004781843
Employer Ref. ALI (LIB) 2016-09-23
- Lead the development of reference, information literacy and access services to support teaching, learning and research;
- Implement strategic and operational plan, review policies and procedures for the use of the Library;
- Design, deliver and assess instructional sessions;
- Develop innovative activities and raise awareness of the library’s services;
- Facilitate effective communication with stakeholders and respond to user enquiries;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the services by preparing statistics and reports; and
- Provide user education and perform reference duties.
- Possess a recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- Have at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in a supervisory position in academic libraries;
- Have ability to effectively respond to and resolve library issues for a wide variety of library users with strong service attitude;
- Have demonstrated understanding of current library services and practices in an academic setting; and
- Have excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings, on weekends and public holidays. Applicants with work experience in the tertiary education sector will be an advantage.
Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary via clicking "Apply Now" or by post to Human Resources Office, Hang Seng Management College, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 16 October 2016. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please indicate the post applied for and mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence. The data collected will be used for recruitment purposes. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
Hang Seng Management College is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee.