We envision a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights.
Oxfam Hong Kong is a member of Oxfam International. We are an independent development and relief agency based in Hong Kong. We work with people facing poverty and with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy and public education programmes. For more information on our work, please visit www.oxfam.org.hk
If you are passionate about fighting poverty and want to contribute to our poverty alleviation work, please join us to make a difference.
Assistant Manager, Climate Change & South South Cooperation (2-year contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004833305
Employer Ref. IPU/AMCCSSC/16/01
- Develop, plan and implement the theme of climate change in the context of south-south cooperation, and collaborate with Oxfam International (OI) and southern affiliates in implementation
- Develop and implement engagement strategy at regional and country levels on climate change and south-south cooperation
- Work closely with China Team in Beijing in an integrated manner to ensure climate change and south-south cooperation objectives are met
- Grant making and management of specific climate change projects in collaboration with OI and southern affiliates
- Commissioning action research in collaboration with global, regional and country level of OI
- Degree holder with at least 8 years working experience, similar experience in NGOs, knowledge of international development and climate change is desirable
- Practical skills of commissioning research
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Office
- Frequent travel is required
- Identification with Oxfam’s mission and vision
Closing date for application: 1 November 2016
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Professionals who want to work for a good cause and prepared to take up new challenges, please send your application letter, CV with current and expected salary and date of availability to Human Resources Manager, Oxfam Hong Kong, 17/F., China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong or by clicking 'Apply Now' or by fax to 2375 2433.
[Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not invited for interview within six weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.]
Oxfam Hong Kong is an Equal Opportunities Employer