Our reputation as one of the world's best Tourism Boards is built on the dedication and professionalism of our staff. We offer excellent opportunities for career development, recognize and reward good performers.
Assistant Manager, Event Management (1-year contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004999128
Employer Ref. N008-170113-1
- Develop event concepts, initiate creative ideas, innovative program elements, new technologies, alternative execution possibilities and draft event proposals as required;
- Oversee the development of all logistics, technical plans, venue arrangement, site decorations and other operation duties relates to staging of events and ensure HKTB’s full compliance to all applicable laws, regulations and general codes of practice;
- Develop overall schedule, monitor work progress of and render supervision to, whichever applicable, all co-work parties including government departments, public bodies, service vendors and team members and convene and/ or attend meetings as necessary to ensure timely and quality execution and delivery of program elements and draft progress reports as required;
- Oversee all service procurement processes relates to staging of events covering identification of services required, definition of roles, responsibilities, scope of services of service vendors, identification and engagement of service vendors and ensure all processes comply to HKTB’s policies and guidelines;
- Undertake any other duties / special assignments as required.
- University graduate with major studies in Event Management / Event Marketing / Tourism Management or relevant disciplines;
- A minimum of 8 years of solid experience in event organization and management with active involvement in the process covering project conceptualisation to materialisation and implementation;
- Proven track record in staging large-scale outdoor event in Hong Kong with extensive experience in government/ public bodies liaison and licensing;
- Resourceful connections with events-related partners and service vendors such as show producers/ event organizers/ event managers/ production companies and contractors. Previous experiences in event/ show production an advantage;
- Excellent time management, good organization and resources planning skills;
- Strong observation capability with creative thinking and analytical mind;
- Desire to drive for excellence in event planning and staging;
- Strong leadership and good interpersonal and communication skills that makes him/ her work effectively and collaboratively with all co-work parties;
- Ability to solve/ prevent problems, cope with changes, handle multiple tasks and prioritise assignments.