Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We’ve built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Assistant Manager/Manager, Client Due Diligence, Private Banking
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004991796
Employer Ref. 539451
- Account Management
- Assist Department Head to provide advice and training for Front Office in matters and the Account Management team related to account opening, client due diligence and maintenance to minimise error / rejection rates and ensure effective processing in agreed cycle times
- Perform first line of quantity checks of completed Account Opening Documents (AODs), periodic review (PRs) and regular Portfolio Review to ensure accuracy and completeness so as to reduce error rates at onward submission and processing by respective units, i.e. Compliance, Spoke, etc
- Review and approve the Know Your Client (KYC) and client due diligence (CDD) for new AODs and PRs as well as follow up with Front Office and the respective departments
- Through the daily support to the Front Office platform, identify areas for improvements, liaise and coordinate with Spoke and respective support units to drive for work efficiency for Front Line and streamline existing processes where possible
- Assist Department Head to execute and monitor the controls in Private Bank (PvB) business to implement and promote an effective risk management culture and operational framework.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Guide the Business Control & Support Officers to review documentation including AOD, periodic review etc. for completeness and compliance with KYC, CDD requirements and by ensuring that the necessary approvals have been obtained prior to passing for processing by Operations
- Report any CDD exceptions identified to Compliance and Department Head and escalate in accordance with established procedures
- Being focal point to consolidate the AOD and CDD commentary for new AOD to Front Office
- Conduct and coordinate periodic business monitoring and LKCSA/BKCSA activities. Escalate issues to Department Head. Follow up on exceptional items / STRs, etc until resolution
- Perform full process assurance for Front Office outputs in a timely and efficient manner whilst performing all necessary controls prior to processing
- Provide training and consultancy, communicate new processes/procedure/policy to support Front Office staff in issues related to account opening and maintenance and operational procedures.
- Initiate to liaise with relevant parties, e.g. Spoke, Compliance, Singapore Hub, etc. in migrating new and streamlining existing processes to maximize productivity and efficiency in PvB
- Prepare and distribute the regular AOD and PR MIS reports to PvB Management Team, Operations and Compliance.
- Assist Department Head in ad hoc projects from time to time
- The ratio of first time successful account opening and transactions accepted for processing compared to re-work cases within agreed cycle times
- Satisfactory turnaround time in relationship on boarding, account opening and periodic review
- Effectiveness in the implementation of operations and in identifying processes for elimination / streamlining and in the control and monitoring of Operational and Compliance risks
- Satisfactory results on audits undertaken by Group Internal Audit, FSA, regulators and external auditors
- Timely communication of changes to internal policies from Operational Risk Management Group
- Timely reporting and escalation of real or potential significant operational risk exposures
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 7 years of experience in account opening or client due diligence documentation review of Private Banking
- Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements in the banking industry
- Interpersonal skills – communicating effectively and provide value adding advice to others, influencing, supervising effectively
- Ability to analyse situations, prioritise, implement processes and solve problem effectively
- Good team player
- Fluent communication in both English and Chinese is a MUST
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.