Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Assistant Manager, Operations-Settlement
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004991937
Employer Ref. 532088
- Daily operations related to HK and global securities trade settlement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide processing support on daily operations related to HK and global securities trade settlement as well as Cash / funding management for clients
- Performed testing for system enhancements
- Support group projects and reengineering projects as a Subject Matter Expert in Settlement Team
- Regular communicate / meeting with Sales office /Client Service team/ Product Development/ local regulators and sub-custodians to define the operating models to support new business requirements and new market initiatives
- Co-ordinate with the global team to ensure sharing of experience and global best practice for consistency while understanding customers’ needs and market practices in different markets
- Provide support and guidance to off-shore support teams
- Identify training needs for team development
Qualifications and Skills
- University graduate with solid working experience in global custody operations environment
- Strong operations background in both local and global settlement
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of securities products. Experience in global custodian an advantage,
- Innovative, flexible and with strong custody knowledge in Equities, Fixed Income derivative products
- Understanding of cash payment activities in overseas markets
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Jan 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.