Owned by UBM plc listed on the London Stock Exchange, UBM Asia is the largest trade show organiser in Asia and the largest commercial organiser in China, India and Malaysia. Established with its headquarters in Hong Kong and subsidiary companies across Asia and in the US, UBM Asia has a strong global presence in 24 major cities with 32 offices and 1,300 staff.
With a track record spanning over 30 years, UBM Asia operates in 19 market sectors with 230 events, 28 targeted trade publications, 18 round-the-clock online products for over 2,000,000 quality exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, advertisers and subscribers from all over the world. We provide a one-stop diversified global service for high-value business matching, quality market news and online trading networks.
UBM Asia has extensive office networks in China, Southeast Asia and India, three of the world’s fastest growing B2B events markets. UBM China has 12 offices in the major cities in mainland China, including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Guzhen and Shenzhen, where we organise 90 events. In ASEAN, UBM Asia operates from its offices in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and the Philippines with 70 events in this region. UBM India teams in Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru and Chennai organise over 20 events every year across the country.
UBM Asia was awarded ‘Asia’s Most Reliable Trade Show Organiser Award’ in Hong Kong’s Most Valuable Companies Awards (HKMVCA) 2016.
Assistant Manager, Special Projects
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918357
The Assistant Manager of Special Projects coordinates the full life-cycle of project execution with both internal teams and external partner (Alibaba B2B Group), towards a successful implementation of new strategic Online-to-Offline (O2O) product offerings. The incumbent will contribute to the success of the organization through effective coordination of stakeholder activities in a complex and changing environment, and participate in the development, review and testing of new products and services.
Assist the Directors and Managers in overall planning, communications and delivery of joint pilot projects with Alibaba B2B Group
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external parties / agencies for online and offline sales and marketing programs
- Coordinate meetings, detailed deliverables, record minutes and status reporting across multiple project teams including senior management, internal project teams (sales, marketing, digital, operations) and external teams in Alibaba B2B Group
- Participate in data preparation, design review, user testing and documentations of online platform
- Manage 3rd party contractors in delivery of customer engagement and servicing activities
- Handle project cost accounting
Degree holder with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with project management process and tools
- Experience with event operations (i.e. exhibitions, conferences and corporate events) is definite advantage
- Excellent command of both written and spoken in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Ability to work under pressures while paying attention to details
- Good marketing sense and familiarity with database marketing
- Experience with online portal operations are definite advantage
- Occasional travels to primarily China and some Asia-pacific countries
For more details of our company, please visit our website at www.ubmasia.com
Excellent compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Please send detailed resume stating expected salary, available starting date and day-time contact to us. Candidates not notified within one month should consider their application unsuccessful. Personal data collected is solely for recruitment purposes and will be treated in strict confidence. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after 6 months.