Assistant Manager, Underwriting & Issue
AIA Hong Kong and Macau
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004836356
Employer Ref. 15666
Monitors and manages daily underwriting processes, new business, people and system to ensure consistency of underwriting decisions are in compliance to the company’s operation rules in achieve quality business.
- Underwrites large amounts and complicated new business application within agreed turnaround time and reviews suggest cases from underwriters in order to ensure the underwriting decision complied with company’s rules and guidelines. (30%)
- Liaises with IT and OBS for system enhancement to enhance the system automation and develops sufficient validation rules in order to improve the efficiency on underwriting and minimize the manual works. (30%)
- Organises and conducts training to staff in Underwriting, POS, Claims, Operations Service Centres, Share Service Office in Malaysia and agency force, etc in order to support development and enhance competency levels & performance. (15%)
- Handles DD meeting, email & telephone enquiries from agencies and internal departments like Cashier, Call Centre, Operations Service Centres, Customer Service Department and Agency Business Development Department, etc and follow up appeal cases with fair and just but flexible approaches in order to deliver quality customer service. (15%)
- Monitors and manages daily underwriting processes to streamline the work flow and conducts regular audit in order to shorten the turnaround time and improve the accuracy and consistency. (10%)
- University / College graduate plus 5 years experience with 2 years in supervisory level OR Form 5 graduate plus 6-8 years related experience
- Underwriting knowledge in a life insurance company
- Problem solving and communication skills to effectively underwriting risks to underwriters and other touch points
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
About AIA Hong Kong and Macau
AIA International Limited
About AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau
AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau are subsidiaries of AIA Group Limited. AIA Group Limited established its operations in Hong Kong in 1931. We have more than 11,000 financial planners*, as well as an extensive network of brokerage and bancassurance partners who serve more than 1.8 million customers*. Our products range from individual life, group life, accident, medical and health, personal lines insurance to investment-linked products with numerous investment options. We are also dedicated to providing superb product solutions to meet the financial needs of high net worth customers.
* As of February 2016