DFS Group Limited
DFS Group Limited is the world's leading luxury retailer catering to the traveling public. We have attained this position by listening to our clientele, adapting to changes in our customer base, and continually responding with innovative concepts.
Our strength lies in our strategic brand partnerships, groundbreaking store and product development, superior assortments, and targeted marketing programs.
As we continue to perfect our business model, improve our offerings and expand into emerging markets, we are well positioned to remain the world's leading luxury retailer.
Assistant Merchandise Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915504
Under the direction of the Merchandise Manager. The focus is on communication with vendors and regions, and gaining agreement with the MM in managing assortment grids, promotions and markdowns (with Planning Manager concurrence).
- Develops budgets and/or sales targets, promotions and assortment plans for one segment of a category.
- Format, analyze and review data for budget and vendor meetings, and recommend actions steps to the Merchandise Manager and Planner.
- Build economic models for projects, including GM$ per square foot for departments and brands.
- Review exception reports and recommend action, including IMU management and best seller/fast seller management; reports weekly for Merchandise Manager review.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors for a segment of a category.
- Communicate effectively with Planning Manager, Communication Coordinator and Product Sales Manger to ensure buy-in and consensus from all team members on decisions affecting the team.
- Develop smooth operational flow of all office functions with vendors, Planning Manager and Product Sales Manager.
- Report results against objectives for one segment of a category and recommend action plans to Merchandise Manager.
- Communicate and monitor sales promotions, product knowledge and special events/store training.
- Communicate standards of visual presentation and work with Sales Promotion to develop promotional collateral for in store marketing of key product drivers in assortment strategy.
- Maintain vendor information in DFS Merchandise Systems database. Maintain UPC code, cost and retails in MCS. Generate Inform reports and manipulate them on Excel as required.
- Compile statistical data using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint for Monthly report needs, strategy books and any other presentations throughout the year.
- Perform other functions as necessary.
- Previous merchandising and/or planning experience preferred.
- University Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a variety of organizational levels.
- Good at problem solving abilities and handling multiple priorities.
Interested candidates, please email your application to email@example.com
Candidates not notified within one month should consider their application unsuccessful.
Personal data collected is solely for recruitment related purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 6 months from the date of application. Applicants have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data. Request should be made to our Human Resources Department in writing.