Reporting to General Manager - Asia
What is the purpose of the role?
- Main interface for customers in the Asia Pacific region.
- Directly communicate on all fabric and product developments for the respective allocated customers.
- Develop exsisting customers in the region and communicate directly with the UK, EU and APAC sales teams.
- Work directly with the APAC Sales Manager on all aspects of existing customer sales strategy and future opportunities.
- Use your knowledge of the industry to research potential sales and marketing opportunities
What are you accountable for achieving?
- Carrington best in class sales and customer support
- Meeting the Carrington sales brief from the UK, EU and APAC sales teams in value, quantity and quality terms
- Ensure that we exceed in standards of service performance and quality of our fabrics for our customers
What will you be responsible for?
- Be the Asia Pacific day to day point of contact for our customers in the APAC region
- Maintain and develop communication to bring about an informed environment for the respective customers
- Track and communicate on all aspects of customer activity from current and outstanding orders to all the respective stakeholders
- Ensure that all product development activity is executed within the agreed customer critical path timelines
- Work with all internal departments on all aspects of customer management from shipping to finance
- Work closely with the UK, EU and APAC sales teams to ensure complete alignment on customer strategy and development
- Update on all pricing in conjunction with the UK, EU and APAC stakeholders
What experience do you need?
- 10 + years of sales and account management within the fabric or garment industry
- Fabric / Textile degree qualification
What business skills do you need?
- Strong communication skills
- Good influencing skills (internal and external) and be a good team player
- Ability to build strong and long term relationships with customers
- Strong customer account management skills
- Proactive and self motivated with a good team attitude
- Innovative, flexible and finds it easy to adapt to changes
- Ability to listen, understand and influence customers
- Patience and understanding with a high degree of professionalism particularly in dealing with internal and external teams
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, both written and oral.
- Cross functional and cross cultural working experience
- Computer literate with ERP, excel, word and outlook
- High quality market research, competitor analysis/intelligence
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work independantly