Fugro Geotechnical Services Limited
Fugro Geotechnical Services Limited (FGS) is an operating company within the global Fugro Group, the world's largest integrated geotechnical and survey company. With 13,500 people worldwide, Fugro is a stable and successful company, providing services to clients around the world in the field of oil & gas, mining and construction.
The core business areas of Fugro Geotechnical Services Ltd are geotechnical instrumentation, and geotechnical investigation (land and marine) for the construction and infrastructure industries. Whilst based in Hong Kong, the company is actively engaged in a variety of diverse and challenging projects throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
ASSISTANT SITE ENGINEER / ASSISTANT ENGINEER
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992862
Employer Ref. FGS295JDB/120117/S&I
1. ASSISTANT SITE ENGINEER / SITE ENGINEER (SITE INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT)
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Civil / Earth Science / Geotechnical Engineering/Geology or equivalent
- One to two year’s relevant site experience is preferred, although lesser experienced candidates will also be considered.
- Development Bureau (then ETWB) approved staff preferred, however, candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Valid Green card and CWRA holder, Blue card is preferable
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The coordination and supervision of ground investigation field works (onshore and nearshore), including technical and QHSE direction on a daily basis.
- Preparation of daily site and testing records; technical, quality, health and safety and environmental.
- Project management duties as directed by the senior project manager
- Measurement of subcontractor invoices.
- Assist in the preparation of factual reports
- The role may require some international travel to support Fugro projects throughout the Asia Pacific region.
2. ASSISTANT ENGINEER (INSTRUMENTATION DEPARTMENT)
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Electrical and Mechatronic Engineering/Civil Engineering / Earth Sciences / Geotechnical Engineering / or related disciplines
- Good Command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Candidates with previous experience in project coordination and supervision, and at with least two years’ experience of geotechnical instrumentation or contractual and QS matters would be considered for an Engineer position, while those with less experience and qualification would be consider as Technician Engineer
- The position is mainly based in our offices in Fo Tan, but will also involve visits to sites in Hong Kong and possibly overseas.
- Valid Green card and CWRA holder
- Project coordination (contractual, commercial and technical), preparation of technical submissions, assisting with QS matters, works supervision and elected field works
We offer attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and fringe benefits including discretionary bonus, annual leave, medical insurance and MPF, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development via our online training website, the Fugro Academy You will be able to learn new skills and be exposed to a variety of new technologies.
Please apply with a full resume quoting reference number, expected salary, availability and contact telephone number.
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes.