AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
Assistant Underwriting Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916032
Employer Ref. 160002HJ
- Ensuring new business applications receive prompt service with appropriate technical underwriting
- To underwrite cases from the above mentioned distribution channel
- To review complicated or appeal cases
- To liaise and negotiate with reinsurers on complicated new business applications
- Assist in overseeing staff issues in relations to staff acquisition, retention, training and career development of the team members
- To identify training needs of underwriting staff and provide training where appropriate and cost effective, and evaluate and monitor standards by way of individual audits
- To provide project support for Underwriting area, advising specific requirements and impact analysis
· University graduate with FLMI or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years experience in Life Insurance with at least 2 years in supervisory position
· Possess medical and underwriting knowledge
· Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
· Good interpersonal and people management skills
· Strong ability to assess business priorities and negotiate with clients accordingly
· PC literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese word processing