Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With annual revenue of US$13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Guy Carpenter, a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer, a leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman, a leader in management consulting. Follow Marsh on Twitter, @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube.
Assistant Vice President/ Vice President – FINPRO Practice
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995363
- To drive Marsh institutional relationships with clients through collaboration across practices, geographies, and MMC companies
- Focus on Risk Management Segment within FINPRO to work closely with the Risk Management Practice plus other Practices in providing the total solution to all Risk Management clients
- Builds, maintains and expands effective and sustainable relationships with clients on an enterprise-wide basis
- Takes responsibility of serving the VIP clients
- Identifies key decision makers, client’s risks needs and determines the services, products, and combinations that will best serve and address the client’s issues and business objectives
- Champions the development of custom solutions to address the client/prospect needs
- Leads or co-leads communication between the client and the service team members
- Leads by example to ensure quality of deliverables and enforcing critical deadlines
- Develops a strong understanding of the client’s business: analyzes client research & industry issues, prepares benchmarking studies and creates risk maps
- Be accountable for the financial performance of the assigned portfolio and targets on new, expanded and renewal business
- Develops a business plan for portfolio of clients and prospects to meet specific retention and sales goals.
- Oversees revenue, profitability, and timely billing and collection (working capital) for each assigned client.
- Leads on personal accounts by setting goals and implements action plans, monitoring progress, assuring service meets or exceeds client expectations, and protecting the firm from Errors & Omissions
- Coaches the team members through leading by example
- Drives towards building identified Client Development competencies for self
- Understands and utilizes available tools and technology to improve personal and team productivity
- Responsible for the execution of effective service management protocols including, but not limited to:
- Internal Account Planning
- Strategic Client Reviews
- Renewal Strategy Meetings
- Client Service Agreements
- Account project management
- Client Survey and Feedback Protocol
- Appropriate Pricing of Accounts
- Consistently meets or exceeds the standards of the organization, including Marsh’s Professional Standards, Compliance policies and programs and any internal quality measures
- Business Degree with at least 8 years’ relevant (preferably insurance) experience with managerial capacity to display leadership capabilities
- Possesses solid insurance brokerage, account management, claims management, servicing and sales skills and is considered a leading client executive within the local market place
- Valid broker license
- Experience in FINPRO lines of business, especially in D&O. PI, Crime and Financial Institution coverage and handling FINPRO claims will be advantageous
- Strong PC Skills, including Words (English and Chinese), Excel & Power Point
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Effectively manages and retains renewal business
- Supervises and is a mentor to client representatives on assigned service teams
- Ambitious, solution focus and strong skills in client and underwriters relationship management
- Good Command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
Attractive remuneration and incentives will be offered to the right candidate.
Job applications should be sent in confidence with details in education, working history and salary expectation to the Human Resources Manager or apply below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.marsh-asia.com
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and be used only for employment-related purposes.