Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We’ve built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Associate, Client Management, Financial Institutions
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916366
Employer Ref. 536096
We are looking for an Associate in Financial Institutions to support Investors Portfolio in HK, comprises of Real Money Funds, Hedge Funds, Opportunity Funds clients.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Act as a direct sales support to Relationship Manager on all origination activities:
- In partnership with GAM /RM jointly accountable for client revenues including Throw / Catch for FAM
- Proactively assist the GAM/RM with transactional support on origination activities i.e. pitch books, industry leads etc; including coordination with network and product
- Client analysis, reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation; adherence to sales discipline requirements, case studies
- Client meeting preparation and execution including logistics if attending
- Competitor analysis, compare/contrast SCB’s value proposition vs. its peers
- New transactions: Deal execution support, credit documentation, limit loading, co-ordinate with sales/products on fee letters, deal drawdown.
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance, preferred
- Financial Institutions client knowledge with client service experience
- Knowledge of CDD policy, Bank legal documentation frameworks
- Cross-product operational experience/knowledge
- Ability to problem solve and manage under tight deadlines
- Highly collaborative
- Operates with a high sense of urgency
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.