The Hospital Authority (HA) invites applications from experienced doctors who are not fully registered with the Medical Council of Hong Kong (MCHK) and yet have acquired relevant postgraduate qualifications set out in the requirements below.
Associate Consultant Positions for Experienced Doctors without Full Registration
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004774003
Employer Ref. HO1609023/I1639
(Anatomical Pathology / Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
To provide clinical and patient care related services.
1. Possess full registration with an approved medical authority outside Hong Kong;
2. Certified or registered as a specialist or equivalent, in relevant specialty in the country of practising Medicine. The certification or registration system for the specialist status should be a nationally or officially recognized system;
3. Proficiency in English; and
4. Proficiency in Cantonese (except for Anatomical Pathology)
HK$136,732 to HK$157,529 per month (including Monthly Allowance)
Medical Registration and Employment Visa
The HA will arrange selection interviews with shortlisted candidates and will support applications of suitable candidates to MCHK to practice under Limited Registration.
The HA will also assist successfully registered candidates who are non-Hong Kong residents in obtaining employment visas from the Hong Kong Immigration Department prior to commencement of work.
1. Appointment will be on contract terms initially for one year which is renewable subject to annual renewal of Limited Registration with MCHK, satisfactory performance and mutual agreement.
2. Up to 15% of total basic salary (after deducting the contribution of Mandatory Provident Fund by HA) as end-of-contract gratuity will be offered upon satisfactory completion of contract.
3. Overseas candidates together with his/her eligible family members (up to four persons), may be granted economy class air passage from country of origin to Hong Kong as well as an economy class air passage on return upon completion of the terminal contract.
4. A one-off “Relocation Allowance”, which is set at the employee’s two months basic salary or $40,000, whichever is the lower, may be granted to overseas recruits of doctors in Anatomical Pathology / Obstetrics & Gynaecology on a reimbursement basis.
5. Salaries tax in Hong Kong is currently charged at progressive rates of up to 17%, or standard rate of 15%, whichever is lower.
6. May be required to work shifts and irregular hours as well as to perform on-call duties.
7. Application should be submitted on or before 18 November 2016 via our website http://www.ha.org.hk (click Careers).
8. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for selection interview which will be arranged in February/March 2017 tentatively.
9. Applicants invited for selection interview will be required to provide the below documents (scanned copy by email or photocopy by mail) before interview:
(a) Certificate of professional qualifications;
(b) Certificate of registration or other document evidencing the applicant’s registration with a medical authority outside Hong Kong at the date of the application;
(c) Documentary proof of all full-time post-qualification clinical experience (include internship); and
(d) 1-2 reference letters from current / previous employers.
Please contact Ms Wing LAU, HA Head Office at +852 2300 7394