Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Associate Director & Team Manager, Business Insurance Specialist
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992102
Employer Ref. 539361
- To assist Director & Senior Manager, Product Sales & Performance Management to lead a team of Business Insurance Specialist and contribute to target planning, sales activity management and coaching so as to ensure the highest standard implementation of wealth management strategy and profitability through achievement of significant growth in the number of customers who make Standard Chartered Bank their first choice when buying wealth management services.
- To develop, manage, retain and recruit for a team of high quality and cost effective sales people. To ensure the team are motivated and dedicated to work. In addition, needs to ensure the team passes professional qualification standards.
- To achieve insurance products sales targets as agreed on a periodic basis.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Sales and Service Delivery
- Derive business plan and acquisition strategies for driving revenue growth.
- Ensure portfolio growth through new acquisitions and expansion of existing relationships.
- Work with Product, Business Development, Operations Support, QA Manager and Prudential to implement & regularly re-evaluate sales process/workflow for acquiring, growing and retaining Business Clients/Commercial Clients customers to maximize the sales productivity under cost effective approach.
- Develop and review sales incentive scheme to ensure competitiveness for staff acquisition and retention.
- Provide feedback to respective departments on anticipated financial and service needs by the market and recommend appropriate improvements to meet the new challenges.
- Resolve all customer complaints timely and properly.
- Keep abreast of Business Clients/Commercial Clients segments and competitive intelligence so as to better serve our customers and to sharpen focus of sales.
- Supervise and provide guidance to team members on regulated activities of TRs and RIs under HKFI and SFO where applicable to ensure compliance.
- Lead, coach and develop the team members in selling and relationship building skills.
- Ensure consistency high quality services standard of BIS team by motivation and monitoring of their progress and performance.
- Coordinate with the Training Specialist to fulfil Team Members training and development needs.
- Providing one-to-one feedback, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and on-the-job training to Team Members if required.
- Conduct Team Member performance reviews and facilitates the creation of Personal Development Plan (PDPs)
- Boost up team spirit through sales and service / HRM initiatives such as incentives on cross sell referrals and sales results
- Develop performance improvement action plan for improving team member’s performance
- Build and reinforce the Outserve culture in the team.
- Monitor and report on Team Members attendance and adherence.
- Monitor the performance of team members to be in line with the Sales Governance, Risk and Compliance framework and process.
- Maintain close contact with customers and monitor customer quality in order to minimize the risk of loss to the Bank.
- Compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements at all times, in particular for money laundering prevention procedures and reporting any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/01/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.