Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We’ve built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Associate, Investors & Intermediaries Sales, Transaction Banking
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916342
Employer Ref. 535943
To be part of the team developing and executing the sales segment strategy for selling Transaction Banking solutions to the Investors and Intermediaries (I&I – Asset Managers) client base. To fully contribute to global initiatives in the I&I client segment, working collaboratively with key stakeholders locally and in footprint (e.g. Product, SD & S and other functions within TB, CIC and Operations).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Deliver superior financial performance
- Working in conjunction with the Client Relationship team in CIC, to agree & deliver revenue and activity targets for the client portfolio (based on client planning) and actively call on the client base, to ensure targeted realization rates are met & the client relationship strategies are implemented.
- To maintain ongoing contact with customers to ensure the targeted level of utilization of client facilities.
- To manage the transfer of best practices between markets, in order to leverage our Transaction Banking capabilities with the client portfolio.
Continuously improve the way we work
- To manage the Transaction Banking relationship across all products for a portfolio of clients.
- To undertake and manage RFP and deal processes for the specific client base, to ensure optimal solution provided and presented to the customer; working with sales, product management and operations to deliver the desired results. To ensure smooth deal implementation and adherence to high levels of service quality.
- To provide feedback to Product Management on customer needs, trends and market intelligence, and to provide direction on proposed project programme initiatives to central product management teams. To keep abreast of customers’ needs, trends and product / market intelligence for new product developments/ enhancements, strengthening SCB’s competitive position in this field.
Massively Multiplying Leadership
- A high degree of judgement / ability to manage global sales opportunities and handle complex business issues & relationships within defined policies and procedures
- Ability to structure and deliver solutions which meet customer needs
- Ability to identify & prioritise new business or prospects always employing sound risk management principles to minimise risk for the bank
- Maximizing revenue, profit margins & economic return.
- Set ‘SMART’ performance objectives and seek to achieve them. .
Reinforce the brand
- To understand customers’ businesses and to anticipate the requirements through consultative selling process. To match customers’ needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored demonstrations and proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions with customers to maximise revenue and profitability.
- The GTS, principally for Tier 1 clients, must:
- Conduct a bi-monthly TB Update Call. Prior to the call, engage relevant stakeholders in CIC and FM with regard to overall client strategy.
- Regional account plan / TB Map should be the basis for the Account Planning Forum.
- As part of Workbench input and management be responsible for team communication and keeping the WB Client Team informed of all TB inputs and actions.
Operational Risk Issues
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework in identifying, controlling, monitoring and reporting of risk.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified operational risks.
- Undertake and / or coordinate periodic business monitoring activities, escalating issues to the segment head.
Qualifications and Skills
- Solid and proven frontline transactional sales experience across Cash Management (global/ regional/ local payment, receipts and liquidity management structures, system infrastructure, etc.) and Securities Services (Custody and Fund Administration). Some knowledge of Trade products especially Guarantees.
- Sound experience of the operational and structuring aspects of the above
- Proven treasury, credit and country risk exposure
- Open minded, good listener, flexible with ‘think out of the box’ mentality
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills; ability to communicate with all levels in an organization
- Disciplined approach to deal execution/ client follow-up with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret client needs
- Strong cross-cultural awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player who is a self starter
- Excellent knowledge of the Group Policies, Standards, local regulations and legislation of the prevention of money laundering
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.