Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Associate, Structured Solutions, Transaction Banking
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834825
Employer Ref. 530079
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Trade is a core business of the Bank and will make a significant contribution in delivering the CIB growth aspirations. Towards this end, we are looking for a high performer to join the team and help Trade "Lead The Way". We continue to pioneer in this area and have launched new products and solutions that are the first of its kind for the banking industry. We continue to develop new product capability in the area of Trade Finance providing the best in class solution for the needs of our clients
Transaction structuring across the bank's network globally based in Hong Kong/China, working in tandem with the local Transaction Banking Sales Team, Client Coverage and Trade Product Management in country or region, to structure and implement bespoke trade financing solutions including but not limited to open a/c financing, inventory/warehouse finance, bank guarantee backed structures etc, for corporate clients which mitigate product, legal and credit risks, while conforming to client underlying needs.
This is a lead role to support the Trade business in providing bespoke solutions while mitigating the above risks to acceptable levels. The coverage is global, with a primary focus on North East Asia.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be an Associate of the Structured Solutions Team supporting senior SST transactors on the following tasks, and eventually able to manage a transaction end-to-end independently:
a) transaction structuring, whilst conforming to the Bank's policies and client's objectives
b) managing end2end deal lifecycle - from initial structuring to term-sheet/credit workshopping/negotiating facility docs/execution.
c) utilising experience gained in other structured products to refresh the offerings made to clients within trade finance
d) interfacing with CIB Legal and external counsel as applicable and has responsibility for ensuring that the solutions are legally robust and in line with credit approvals and the Bank's policies
e) coordinate and lead the client discussions with the relationship management team
f) coordinate input and approvals from internal stakeholders on the solutions. The incumbent would be constantly positioning SCB to be well placed in adapting to industry changes and requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin
- Graduate, professionally qualified.
- Strategic: ability to appreciate the bigger picture, create alternatives & instinctively spot relevant patterns, while remaining aware of the detailed nuances.
- Analytical: ability to search for reasons and causes behind events and decisions and be able to brainstorm on all the factors that might affect a situation
- Effective communication skills: Well-developed written and spoken communication skills to promote SCB capabilities within the SCB Group and externally and ability to coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Teamwork: ability to work in a cross cultural team and maximize the team effort.
- Good Interpersonal Skills : Personable with great emphasis on team work
- Skills required to manage/ implement cross-geography deals -
- Exposure to Credit Risk Analysis or Structured Trade & Commodity Finance is strongly preferred.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.