Michael Kors (HK) Limited
Michael Kors is world-renowned, award-winning designer of luxury accessories and ready to wear. His namesake company, established in 1981, currently produces a range of products through his Michael Kors, KORS Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors labels, including accessories, footwear, watches, jewelry, men’s and women’s ready to wear, and a full line of fragrance products. Michael Kors stores are operated, either directly or through licensing partners, in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Macau.
Associate Training Manager - Hong Kong & Macau
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995413
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Training Facilitation, Coaching and Follow-up
- Conduct training for new store staff and new store openings, seasonal launches, workforce and store supervisory staff leadership skills
- Be a key driver in building the Michael Kors Jet Set customer service culture among the Retail teams and across the company
- Be a key driver in building a coaching culture among the Retail team and across the company - using a coach-the-coach approach, provide ongoing coaching to store management teams to support the improvement of competencies, knowledge, skills attitudes and behaviors of all team members.
- Work closely with store management teams on the sales floor to train and coach the sales team to meet their commercial targets with close tracking of the productivity KPIs of each staff.
- Work closely with the Director of Retail Learning & Development - APAC to collaborate closely with the Regional Manager to develop staff competencies.
- Ensure close communication with Regional Manager and Store Managers to adapt and to customize development actions for each team;
- Provide timely and insightful feedback on trainees and training programs/sessions to Retail team and management
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external parties in developing and executing training initiatives.
- Take part in ad-hoc projects assigned by management
Training Program Development
- Work closely with Retail and other company departments for training needs analysis and program development
- Design, develop, and deliver the training programs or projects for all levels of store staff, as part of the overall Michael Kors Hong Kong and Macau Training strategy
- Localize training & development system according to Michael Kors global guidelines.
- Develop a framework for testing and evaluation of training programs, measure their impact
- Constantly evaluate all training initiatives to determine ways to improve the learning experience and ROI
- Participate in forecasting yearly training needs and budget
- Optimize the use of training budget
- Bachelor Degree or above
- At least 5 years related experience, retail training experience
- Good communication skills both in Chinese and English
- An excellent communicator and facilitator with knowledge of adult learning theories and best practices
- Excellent trainer with knowledge and expertise in training and instructional methods, able to utilize presentation, computer and software applications or equipment and able to develop training curriculum, documentation or manuals
- Creative and resourceful, able to design training programs that are engaging and effective
- Good planning, presentation, time and project management skills
- Passionate, works independently and as part of a team, able to work under pressure
- Analytical, critical - able to assess people and situations well
- Able to motivate and inspire
- Builds appropriate rapport and effective relationships
- knowledge of fashion and retail industry preferred
- Willing to travel