Assurance – Audit Services - Manager
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004836344
Employer Ref. HON001YO
You will join our nearly 70,000 assurance professionals and you will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Assurance Business Service specialise in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in our Assurance practice. Our talented and dedicated accounting professionals deliver audit solutions to many types of entities including funds, banks and insurance companies.
- Develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services. Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues. Collaborate to plan objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk. Establish the expectations of the value to be delivered. Successfully monitor the engagement team against the budget, and alter if necessary;
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client;
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Successfully delegate to all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training. Foster teamwork and lead by example;
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed;
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions. Achieve growth by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- An graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as CPA certification;
- At least 5 years of experience working for a public accounting firm, or industry experience;
- Holder of HKICPA is a definite advantage;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership;
- Integrity within a professional environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. (Fluency in Mandrian or Cantonese will be an advantage)
See Job Description