The American Club is Hong Kong’s most prestigious private members club with a reputation of providing the highest quality of service and facilities. It is populated by one of the most international and affluent memberships anywhere in the world and is the only Club in Hong Kong with both Town and Country Clubhouses.
The Club has recently undertaken extensive renovations to ensure its facilities are setting a new world class standard and we now invite exceptional candidates to match our exceptional environment. We have the following vacancy for an outstanding individual with high levels of energy, enthusiasm, intelligence, excellent customer service skills and lots of personal initiative:
Bar Captain/Bar Server
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004997853
Support the Bar Manager/Bartender to supervise, monitor and assists daily bar set-up and operations, including beverage stocks, beverage recipes, preparation and cleanliness of all items in the bar. Must be able to successfully mix complex cocktails and have a strong and competent knowledge of bar products and menu items.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to all members and guests. E.g. greets member, take orders, mixes/ prepares all drinks.
- Competently and consistently carries out all assigned job duties and responsibilities
- Work under the guidance and direction of the Bar Captain and shall keep them informed on a continuous basis of important matters or events affecting beverage service operation
- Follow all safety, hygiene, sanitation, breakage control, preventive maintenance, grooming, service and other standards.
- Ensure all bar staffs appearance and personal hygiene consistent to club standards.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of the beverage list and a highly competent understanding of the food/ restaurant menu.
- Handles minor complaints and reports them to the Bar Captain. Maintains a high standard of presentation and cleanliness in their working environment and ensures all sections are set and managed correctly and efficiently.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; vocational training in beverage, cocktail, wine, spirits, beer; at least 3 years relevant experience in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent customer service and engagement skills.
- Strongly organized and able to multitask.
- Awareness of all food safety and hygiene standards
- Good command of spoken and written in English and Cantonese
- A flexible approach to problem solving and working with others
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely
- Good physique, able to stand at least 9 hours in restaurant areas; lift over 50 pounds on an intermittent basis; able to bend, stoop lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
We offer attractive remuneration and career development opportunity. Please send full resume to Director of Human Resources, The American Club Hong Kong, Unit 1-6, 23/F, Chinachem Exchange Square II, 338 King's Road, Hong Kong or by fax: 3585 1360. For more information please visit our website: www.americanclubhk.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment related purpose only and handled in strict confidence by authorized personnel only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The personal data collected will be destroyed after 3 months.