jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004997024
Established in 2009, Hong Kong Green Building Council (“HKGBC”) is the leading body, co-founded by four major construction industry and environmental organisations, driving the market transformation towards green and sustainable buildings in Hong Kong through engagement with the industry, the government and broader community.
HKGBC is recruiting practicing or retired building professionals to receive training to become BEAM Assessors.
BEAM – Building Environmental Assessment Method - is a green building rating tool widely adopted in Hong Kong. The scheme is now known as BEAM Plus, which is operated by HKGBC. HKGBC entrusts the assessment work to BEAM Society Ltd (BSL), which is responsible for managing BEAM Assessors. Every year, there are about 150 projects participating in BEAM Plus, generating substantial assessment workload. The scheme gives ratings to different kinds of projects, including New Buildings (NB), Existing Buildings (EB), Interiors (non-residential interior decorations) and Neighbourhood (master planning of building developments). Currently, the majority of workload is on NB.
BEAM Assessors are individuals who are trained and accredited by HKGBC. Upon passing the examination set by HKGBC, the Assessors will provide assessment service to BSL on either paid or volunteer basis as chosen by the Assessors. The service can be performed outside a person’s day-time job so that his/her full-time employment will not be affected. The Assessor qualification granted by HKGBC will initially last for one year. It will be renewable thereafter subject to satisfactory performance and attendance of refresher training.
(A) BEAM Assessors for NB, EB and Interiors (Normal Route):
- A degree in built environment related discipline;
- 8 years’ post-degree experience in building industry;
- Hold valid BEAM Pro (NB, EB) qualification; AND
- Close technical involvement in previous BEAM / BEAM Plus project, i.e. has been involved in the submission (either provisional or final assessment stage) of at least one project targeting at Gold rating or above.
(B) BEAM Assessors for NB, EB and Interiors (Veteran Route):
- Full member of a recognized professional institute, namely HKIA, HKIE, HKIS, HKIP, HKILA or equivalent;
- 25 years’ experience in building industry after obtaining the full membership; AND
- Either be a current BEAM Pro (NB, EB) or commit to taking the BEAM Pro NB training course from BEAM Society Ltd before the end of March 2017.
(C) BEAM Assessors for Neighbourhood:
- Degree in a discipline relevant to the building industry;
- Full member of a relevant professional institute i.e. HKIP, HKIUD, HKIA, HKIS, HKILA, HKIE (Civil, Environmental, Building Services, Energy, Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent; AND
- 8 years’ post-degree experience relevant to the planning and design of sustainable neighbourhoods.
In all cases, proficiency in written and spoken English is required. The candidates will be tested through a written and oral examination upon finishing a training workshop.
The above is a simplified description. For details, please refer to the following HKGBC website:
How to Apply
Interested applicants please apply by sending a filled EOI Form (downloaded from above website) via e-mail to eddy.lau@ hkgbc.org.hk. A recruitment talk will be held on 10 February 2017. For registration, please go to the following website:
For enquiries about this recruitment, please contact Mr Eddy Lau at Tel 3994 8868.
Closing date for application is 31 March 2017. Late application or application with incomplete information may not be considered.
Applicants will be notified of the result of application within six weeks after the closing date. Personal data will be used strictly for recruitment related purposes only and retained for no more than six months.