jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004778881
Central Oceans , a shipping agency and marine service provider, is currently seeking an enthusiastic Trainee Vessel Operator / Boarding Officer to join our small team at our office in Hong Kong. We are looking for individuals who want an opportunity to learn and grow within our business, whilst working in an interesting and diversified role, in a fantastic, supportive and rewarding environment.
With support and guidance from management, you will be responsible for ensuring our vessels arrive and depart at their given port destinations in accordance with our clients' interest in conjunction with the regulations and standards set forth by governmental agencies and the Company, as well as coordinate with vessel, government and port officials in setting berthing arrangements for each vessel.
You will also contact and oversee essential vendor services whilst preparing and submitting documentation relating to port costs. You will arrange for owner requirements when necessary and maintain a port log and other port documents and records as required.
This position requires some night and weekend work; along with interstate travel as well as the ability to work flexible hours where required as the shipping industry is a 24/7 business! During times when there is limited agency work, we will also like for you to attend any of loadings/discharges within the Asian region.
Mandatory skills required:
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Good communication and time management skills
• A desire to learn and work within a team committed to service
• Ability to board vessels is required. We will also require ability to attend our shipments loads/discharges within Asian region
Skills highly desired:
• Certificate or Degree in Marine Management and Logistics or
• Seafarer Qualifications / Marine Industry background
• Previous background in Vessel Operations and Marine Department EBS System
Hong Kong Citizens and Permanent Residents only