BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
(CONTRACT) - Bonds Settlement Officer, Global Markets Operations (12 months)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994797
Employer Ref. CIB002121
- To process settlement of Debt Securities products
- Responsible to processing of Bonds, Paper, Repo, Reverse Repo, Structured products and Agency Function
- Responsible to prepare regulatory report, management report, KPI
- Monitoring account balance of APAC sites to ensure all transactions are correctly and accurately posted into OMR and AT2.
- Preparing and checking accounting vouchers.
- Pay up monthly and quarterly fee and expense.
- Conducting various testing and migration.
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue identified
- With practice, knowledge, theories and concepts of all aspects of capital and money market products (For example, Bonds, Repo, Derivatives and structural products, etc.)
- Knowledge on relevant systems. For example, Bloomberg, Reuters, Kondors, Murex
- Strong PC skills (e.g. MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong analytical, numerical and mathematical skills
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in spoken English and Cantonese. Spoken Mandarin is an advantage
- Customer-oriented and independent
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize workload
- University graduate in Finance and Economics or related discipline
- Relevant experience on Bonds & Agency Settlement preferred