Brand strategy – Analyst
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915229
Location: Hong Kong
Opportunities & responsibilities
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will apply strategic, analytical and creative thinking to solve challenging brand issues for clients on a daily basis. You will consult across industries throughout Asia on a broad range of brand topics, including positioning, brand architecture, naming, and customer experience to name a few.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for understanding client situations, gathering and synthesizing information (e.g., industry, company, competition), and supporting the project team by providing key insights on industry findings. You will often collect primary and secondary research to develop ideas or solutions.
This is an opportunity to join a talented and passionate group in developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. The team-oriented environment provides exposure to Senior Partners across the business and the opportunity to stretch beyond a traditional analyst role.
A typical day could involve:
- Gathering, organizing and summarizing information on a client’s business strategy, industry and competitive dynamics as well as analyzing best practices and customer insights to identify key implications
- Quickly developing skills and knowledge in new areas by leveraging client, firm and external resources
- Collaborating with other strategy and design team members to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., brainstorming sessions)
- Contributing to the development and storyline of client presentations
- Organizing and coordinating client executive interviews
- Communicating with and presenting to both internal case teams and external client teams
- Supporting case team planning and analysis of quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, from discrete choice analysis to focus groups
- Liaising with partner vendors to provide guidance on project scope and define deliverable criteria
- Executing clearly defined project tasks in concert with project team member(s)
Desirable attributes include:
- 2-3 years excelling in a field such as consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management or planning. MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
- Outstanding communications, writing and interpersonal skills in English and native Mandarin Chinese
- Strong analytical skills with experience in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis; intermediate to advanced knowledge in research tools, including SPSS and Excel preferred
- Excellent business intuition & structural thinking, ability to connect the dots and understand client implications
- Ability to thrive in team situations, actively contributing thinking that enhances and/or challenges key assumptions, and understanding how to successfully leverage junior and senior team members
- A passion for learning, problem solving, creative expression and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- A self starter who takes initiative and doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- A team player who pitches in even if it is not necessarily on your assigned project
- A multi-tasker who is able to juggle multiple engagements and switch gears between different industries quickly
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
- Demonstrate high quality/accuracy standards
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities and manage time independently
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume by clicking 'Apply Now'.
All Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.