Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Business Analyst -- Technology and Change – Custody
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917566
Employer Ref. 529592
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake requirements solicitation from stakeholders/end users and turn into well formed formal requirements
- Perform AS-IS/TO-BE process mapping
- Undertake data analysis as required in order to validate/challenge and refine requirements
- Partner with the wider technology team to ensure solution definition meets requirements and is delivered with accuracy and quality
- Stakeholder management across Sales, Product Management, Technology and Operations
- Adherence to standards mandated by SCB for project analysis and delivery
- Introduce industry best practices, tools, techniques, processes and methodologies which bring clear benefit
- Manage keys risks and issues as they arise with timely escalation when required
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent knowledge of custody, settlements and clearing processes, both technology applications and operational processes
- BA experience in similar domain/environment, ideally with experience of agile/scrum
- Working knowledge the TCS Bancs Custody product is desirable
- Experience of strategic change, working with business and technology stakeholders to define and execute operational strategy
- Requirements Analysis
- Consistently captures requirements that are complete & unambiguous.
- Accurately translates business requirements into functionality.
- Consistently identifies future states that address business problems.
- Analytical Thinking
- Thinks ahead to anticipate potential obstacles and plans a way round them.
- Evaluates how changes in one area will have an effect on other areas.
- Connects ideas together that are not obviously related; looks at things from different angles and adds new insights.
- Analyses complex data to understand the underlying causes and to prioritize actions.
- Communication and presentation:
- Able to paraphrase and communicate key information to others, verbally or in writing, using examples to provide meaning to ideas or concepts
- Able to construct and make formal presentations and/or facilitate group activities.
- Effective Business Writing:
- Prepares high quality documentation (e.g. BRD's & Functional Specifications, Minutes, etc) that are clear and concise, have minimal errors or omissions
- Negotiation & Influencing Skills:
- Uses a combination of direct and indirect influencing techniques, where appropriate, to ensure support.
- Effectively applies skills and techniques of negotiating, including understanding other party’s needs and agendas.
- Facilitation Skills: Able to use a variety of techniques to encourage contributions from all stake-holders.
- Stakeholder Management
- Ensures stakeholders are aware of and committed to their responsibilities to the project.
- Can undertake stakeholder analysis and develop plans for managing relationships and expectations.
- Comfortable in dealings with senior managers; can exert influence.
- Contributes actively to the Project Steering processes.
The closing date for applications is 11/30/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.