Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Business Analyst, Wealth Management Transformation
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916283
Employer Ref. 517339
The purpose of this new role is to implement:
- technology projects in line with business needs for the Wealth Management
- new technology capabilities in business operation to deliver benefits
- enhance the wealth management system capability
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Implementation of Wealth Management Infrastructure and Platform Delivery
- Develop Business Requirements in collaboration with subject-matter experts and relevant stakeholders bank-wide.
- Review Functional Specifications to ensure business requirements are met.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop test plans, manage user testings to ensure the final delivery meets business needs.
2. Change Management
- Execute change management across all products in country regularly and consistently to ensure flawless execution and compliance.
- Execute business implementation plan including user training and communication, in collaboration with key stakeholders and support functions.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Degree holder, 8-10 years of banking experience in WM or private banking delivery function. Demonstrated knowledge of how WM systems work to enhance client experience and improve front office productivity.
- Strong in conceptual and quantitative problem solving
- Ability to align broad range of stakeholders and execute within tight time-line
- Experience in working with technology systems, from the business perspective
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simultaneously ‘see the big picture’ and manage the detail implementation.
3. Proficiencies and Knowledge:
- Wealth Management
- Group governance requirements
- L&C Requirements
- Audit requirements
- Local Regulations
- Operational risks requirements
- Stakeholder management
- Collaboration and team work
- Communication and listening
- Interpersonal and influencing
- Negotiation and engagement
- Project and change management
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.