Business Development Manager (Ref: 17001)
Nano And Advanced Materials Institute Ltd
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004993982
Employer Ref. 17001
The appointee reports to the Director of Business Development. S/he will work closely with the R&D teams to support industries through innovative applied research.
- Provide scientific and commercial evaluation of NAMI's IPs, identify the promising IPs to drive commercialization opportunities;
- Responsible for the commercialization of technologies generated and post licensing activities, such as royalties and terms compliance;
- Represent NAMI to engage with industries to incubate innovative research projects to contribute to HK industry growth;
- Working closely with R&D teams to expand project pipeline and develop portfolio of industry and research partners;
- Able to conduct market research, company due diligence and technology assessment independently to evaluate the commercial opportunity of the research projects;
- Responsible for special projects and tasks assigned by the Director of Business Development.
- Master or Ph.D degree in Science, Engineering, Law or Business Management;
- Up to 5 years working experience with proven track records in industry engagement and technology licensing;
- Candidate with legal knowledge of intellectual property or experience in CRM would be an advantage;
- Able to work independently and deal with senior management;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English, Chinese and Putonghua.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave will be provided. Appointment will be offered on a contract basis, renewable subject to mutual agreement and performance.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Nano And Advanced Materials Institute Ltd
About Nano And Advanced Materials Institute Ltd
Nano and Advanced Materials Institute Limited (NAMI), established in 2006 and hosted by the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), is designated by the Innovation and Technology Commission of the Hong Kong SAR Government as an R&D Centre for Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials. NAMI has a very strong team of professional researchers to conduct market-driven research on nanotechnology and advanced materials, supporting the local industries in developing and commercializing new technologies. NAMI has over 23,000 sq ft. laboratory facilities in HKUST and Hong Kong Science Park.
We look forward to your joining our team to strive for economic growth and sustainable development of Hong Kong.