The Asian Venture Capital Journal (AVCJ) is looking to hire a salesperson to be based in Hong Kong, and focused on generating new Asia Pacific sponsorship opportunities for AVCJ’s conference series.
AVCJ, a division of the Mergermarket Group, is publisher of the Asian Venture Capital Journal and organizer of the highly acclaimed AVCJ Private Equity & Venture Forum series across all the major financial centers including Sydney, Jakarta, Beijing, New York, Singapore, London, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Mumbai for close to 29 years.
Business Development Manager, AVCJ
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004833928
The ideal candidate will have relevant sales experience within a publishing, events, advertising or information product industry. They will have a sound 3-4 year working knowledge of M&A/ Private Equity or the financial markets, and should have a general interest in economics and current events. As well as being enthusiastic, organized, presentable and personable, candidates should have excellent written English (and, ideally, another Asian language, Korean preferred ) communication skills.
Main job responsibilities
- Selling to top tier private equity and venture capital GPs, corporates, M&A advisory, law firms and other advisors to sponsor AVCJ’s event portfolio
- Develop relationships with high level executives
- Be the primary point of contact for relevant sponsors at events
- Draft and develop report ideas/event titles
Personal attributes – essential
- 3-4 years face to face sales experience
- Experience selling to the financial companies
- Financial services background
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Organized and enthusiastic self-starter
- Professional manner and excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent communication skills and command of English
- Knowledge of Putonghua Chinese or other Asian languages a plus, Korean preferred
- Good team player
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
Applications: Please send a covering letter and CV with current salary details and availability to Darryl Mag, Head of Business Development, AVCJ by clicking "Apply Now".
Mergermarket is an equal opportunities employer and as a fast growing company, offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to develop their skills and widen their financial services industry experience.