Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Business Operations Risk Manager - Insurance
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916182
Employer Ref. 528328
1. Implementation of Group and Country Policies and Procedures for Bancassurance
- Update policies, procedure and standards. Ensure that all Products sales platforms, scripts, licensing, documentation and system support, are complied with policies per Group requirements as well as local regulations.
- Execute and follow up on gaps and action plans identified, within business and regulatory context.
- Report and monitor sales processes and performances of third party/ service providers such as insurance companies, to fine-tune and re-define service level required by Group standard and local regulations.
2. Implementation of Governance Framework and Risk Management for Bancassurance
- Execute the key control standards (KCS), key control sample testing (KCST) and key risk indicators (KRI) within business unit.
- Report and monitor losses, risk events, policy deviations, KCST & KRI exception, and engage appropriate stakeholders on timely remedial actions; escalate key risk situations that pose significant risk.
- Identify new, thematic and developing risks; provide operational risk advice through ORF and ad hoc reviews (Accountability reviews, Lessons Learnt reviews, Process / Control reviews) at the unit level.
- Ensure effective implementation of the ORMAF within Bancassurance.
- Provide training to Product teams and frontline on new/amendments to regulatory Ordinances/Internal risk policies.
- Liaise with external, internal and regulatory auditors during on/offsite audits & reviews.
- Ensure proper root cause analysis of complaints and implementation of preventive measure.
- Engage in production incidents to ensure timely resolution and prevention measures are properly implemented.
- Review critical processes to ensure key controls are properly embedded.
3. Implementation of Control to ensure proper functioning of day to day monitoring, sales assurance and surveillance for Bancassurance
- Conduct day to day monitoring, sales assurance and surveillance to sustain a stable and reliable world class sales platform and processes with zero defects.
- Exercise sound commercial judgment, respond and resolve issues timely.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
No job description available
Qualifications and Skills
No job description available
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.