Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Careers Officer – Student Affairs Office (Ref: CO (SAO) 2017-01-13)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004998839
Employer Ref. CO (SAO) 2017-01-13
- Provide coordination and work independently in a team on the following functions:
- formulate and implement career planning and development programmes;
- organise mentorship programme, recruitment talks and careers fairs;
- solicit employment opportunities for students and manage internship programmes;
- manage website and databases; and
- provide educational workshops on job search, career preparation and life-long planning.
- Establish and foster collaborative relationship, and provide efficient and effective coordination with employers, students, professional bodies as well as academic and administrative staff of the College; and
- Administer the graduate employment survey as well as other survey exercises.
- Possess a recognized bachelor degree qualification;
- Have at least 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in career services, program management, recruitment, marketing, training and consulting;
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to details;
- Possess good communication, project management and interpersonal skills;
- Have a strong passion in student development and possess positive work attitude; and
- Have excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings and on weekends. Candidates with work experience in the tertiary education sector and/or knowledge of website management will be an advantage.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary via clicking "Apply Now" or by post to Human Resources Office, Hang Seng Management College, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 31 January 2017. Please indicate the post applied for and mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
Hang Seng Management College, incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee, is an equal opportunity employer.