CCIE Engineer/ Network Build Engineer – Bank Outsourcing
Talent TI International (HK) Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004992170
Network Build Engineer
- Handle multiple projects and provide network support from initiation to closure.
- Using either bespoke Network Engineering defined Design packages and/or Pre-defined Design packages, create Build Packages which will include implementation plans, test plans and network changes.
- Oversee the deployment of Build Packages on the corporate data network. Implement network changes during the allowed weekend green zone window.
- For larger multi-discipline initiatives, you will be required to represent and deliver the network element of the project following the defined process, while providing effective liaison between other technology owners.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for defined network products and technologies, for the review of Design Packages and/or Network Integration Build Packages.
- Proactively identify and clean-up dead/abandoned infrastructure on periodic basis (Use regional capacity reports).
- Assist with knowledge transfer of new products to internal integration/engineering teams.
- Assist in the development of & implementation of processes to allow repeatable designs with the view of provisioning automation and efficiencies.
- Close all required project documentations for audit purposes & project closure.
- Proven experience (7 to 10 years) working with high end Cisco routers (ASRs/ISRs) and switches (Catalyst 6500s, Nexus 7000s product range). Juniper experience is a plus.
- CCIE is a must
- Strong working knowledge of at least three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP.
- Experience of using WANs (T1s, T3s, Frame Relay, ISDN, MPLS etc.), Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet & DWDM.
- Strong working knowledge of IP, IPsec and VPNs.
- Hands on experience using Packet Capture tools e.g. Network General Sniffers/ Ethereal network protocol analyzer as well as probe devices.
- Experience of using Multicast in a Cisco environment.
- Familiar with Voice Gateways, IPT and VOIP beneficial.
- Preferably worked within large financial or banking network operation/implementation team.
- Analyze and solve business or technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting).
- Willingness to stay on the leading edge of technology by learning new techniques
- Willing to work during weekends for implementation of network changes.
- Willing to work for extended working hours when needed.
- PC Literate (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills (both verbal & written)
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Talent TI International (HK) Limited
About Talent TI International (HK) Limited
Talent International is a unique, fresh and highly successful provider of IT&T recruitment services to Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. We are the market leading specialist technology and telecommunications recruiters.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service by engaging the very best practices. As a quality endorsed company, certified to ISO9001 standards, we place an enormous emphasis on the level of our service and the skills and competence of our employees. However, it’s our values that truly inform our work - integrity, passion, teamwork and continuous improvement. We wouldn’t be where we are today, enjoying long-term client and candidate relationships, without them.